CEREC technology is revolutionizing many aspects of dental care, but especially the area of dental restorations, or crowns. CEREC crowns are unique in three ways. They are the strongest restorations available, the most compatible with natural oral tissues, and can be completed in a single visit.
What is CEREC?
CEREC is the latest and most advanced technology available for restoring damaged teeth. Instead of porcelain or composite materials, this patented machine sculpts each crown from a solid block of milled ceramic, making them the strongest available anywhere.
In addition to their strength and stability, CEREC crowns are uniquely compatible with your natural tissue since they are completely metal free. This not only makes them the most natural crowns available but makes them beautiful in appearance as well.
But perhaps most remarkably, this uniquely strong and beautiful restoration can be completed in a single visit to our office. So there’s no need for waiting periods or a second appointment.
The traditional approach
At most dentist’s offices, a crown will require two visits, often months apart. At the first appointment, a dentist takes measurements, prepares your tooth or teeth, and places a temporary crown. Then, often five or more months later, you return to the dentist’s office and the permanent crown is attached.
CEREC Crowns Dental Arts Studio
At Park Dental Arts Studio of South Tulsa, there’s no need for waiting or returning to the office. With CEREC technology, we can complete everything right in our own lab and give you a complete tooth restoration in one visit!
Your appointment will consist of three simple steps: Imaging, creation, and bonding.
- First your doctor will apply a thin layer of reflective powder onto your tooth. Then, using a special 3D imaging camera, we will produce a highly detailed three-dimensional image of your tooth.
- Then, in our own in-house lab, CEREC’s proprietary software will design your crown specifically to match the original shape and function of your natural tooth, and use diamond burs to sculpt your crown out of a solid ceramic block.
- Finally, your doctor will bond this ceramic restoration to your existing tooth. Our state-of-the-art bonding techniques will assure you years of worry-free use.
Why choose CEREC crowns?
- Time: We complete your CEREC crown in a single visit.
- Comfort: With CEREC, we do not need to place a temporary crown. This eliminates a significant amount of potential discomfort.
- Aesthetics: CEREC crowns are the closest to natural teeth in appearance, shape, and function.
- Strength: CEREC uses milled ceramic, the strongest material available today for dental restorations.
At Dental Arts Studio of South Tulsa, we are your local CEREC dentist. If you have a damaged tooth that may need a crown, please do not hesitate to call us. We will discuss all your options and help you decide if a CEREC crown is the right choice for you.